* Clinical trials show that eating artichokes helps treat chronic digestive complaints including stomach aches, flatulence, and irritable bowel.
* They are useful in treating specific liver/gallbladder conditions with elevated blood fat values by promoting bile flow in the body, increasing fat digestion and protecting the intestinal mucosa.
* They have been proven to be a safe, non-toxic, natural way to prevent and treat high cholesterol.
* Artichokes have been shown to lower LDL (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL (good cholesterol).
* Artichokes are high in antioxidants, making them a good aid in the battle against cancer, aging, heart disease.
* Artichokes are packed with vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients.
* Artichokes contains Quercetin which is an anti-carcinogen flavonoid that works as an antioxidant to protect against cancer and heart disease.
* Artichokes contain Rutin a flavonoid which encourages cardiovascular health, helps prevent cell proliferation associated with cancer, and has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergenic properties.
* Artichokes contain Anthocyanins which are powerful antioxidants. They are associated with a lower risk of certain cancers, urinary tract health, memory function and healthy aging.
* Artichokes contain Gallic Acid which is a potent antioxidant. It has been shown to inhibit cell proliferation in prostate cancer cells.
* Artichokes contain Luteolin and Cynarin which are polyphenol antioxidants that may lower cholesterol levels. Cyanarin may help in regeneration of liver tissue.
* Artichokes contain Caffeic Acid and Chlorogenic Acid which are anti-cancer, antimicrobial, anti-LDL (bad cholesterol) and antiviral properties.
* Artichokes contain Silymarin which is a powerful antioxidant that might aid the liver in regenerative tissue growth.
Bottom Line: Eat an artichoke today!
Here are some Recipes
|Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Potato and Artichoke Casserole|
Kale Artichoke Dip
|Summertime Frittata Recipe with Artichoke, Tomato & Basil|
Get Recipe Here
|Parmesan Stuffed Artichokes|
Cllick Here for Recipe
Light Spinach and Artichoke Dip
|Spinach Artichoke Hummus|
Click Here to get Recipe
|Roman Style Artichokes|
Click Here for Recipe
|Quinoa Vegetable Paella|
Click Here for Recipe