Saturday, September 15, 2012

So, thought I would try beets...

Yep, woke up feeling brave today. Googled juicing beets because to tell you the truth, I really wasn't sure what to do at all with these things. This is what I found out.

1. You can juice the whole beet, stem, leaves and all. Just Wash it really good!



2. Cut it into smaller pieces so it will juice easier.


3. It will stain anything it touches purple. You may be sporting a purple mustache for awhile. 


 4. Did you ever try to eat dirt as a kid? The taste and smell of beets slightly resemble...that.


  Ok, Ok just kidding, it wasn't that bad. I think maybe if you use half a beet you might not even taste it. I used  a whole one, roots, stems and all. And it still wasn't that bad. Probably will not juice beets everyday but maybe once week I'm thinking.  I did mix it in with lettuce, carrots, green apple, spinach, kale and lemon.




  It did make a really pretty juice!




Benefits of beets: 




Click on food to decide what you would like to juice.

Alfalfa    Artichoke  Broccoli   Carrots  Celery  Cranberries   Cucumbers  Green Apples  Kale  Pineapple

No comments:

Post a Comment