Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Year After Starting Juicing

Ok, it has been a little over a year now since I started juicing. I am still a work in progress. But I can say, out of every treatment I have done for Lyme Disease, out of all the meds and supplements I spent so much money on, that juicing has helped me more then anything else.

I still have Lyme Disease. I still have symptoms. I still have bad days and good days. But what I can say is that I have way better days then I used to. When I first started this blog, I almost never left my house. My kids helped me with shopping, and I would only shower about once a week.

My general routine is to juice once a day. I usually juice 1 green apple, 2 carrots, 2 stalks celery, cilantro, 1/2 cucumber, and any other green veggie I get that week such as spinach, broccoli, or romaine.

In this last year, I have traveled to Washington DC, Connecticut, Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard. There
is no way I would of done all that before juicing. Noway. I believe it gives you energy and rejuvenates your cells to nutrients that we lose during chronic illness. Like I have posted throughout this blog, I am no professional, I am not a dietitian or anything like that, just a person with a chronic illness trying to find ways to cope each day, to feel better, to heal naturally.

When I juice, I have an affect about 20 minutes later. It is like a wave of energy comes over me. I can get out of bed, I can do the dishes, I can function. I might still have pain, but I have energy to do the dishes while having that pain. It's not perfect. I still have days where I can't get out of bed. I want to tell the full truth here because I am no way saying this is a cure all. I am just saying out of everything I have done, juicing has helped me the most.

I still suck at diet. I eat gluten, which is a no no. I still eat sugar although not much. I know these two things are very important to cut out of your diet as well. Like I said, I am a work in progress. I have slowly learned new healthy recipes throughout this last year. I intend to keep learning and keep trying out new ones until one day I just naturally eat healthy food. I am surrounded by friends who eat healthy and learn from them too. But truth be told, I'm the first one to buy a box of nutty butty bars and eat them in one sitting. :) Yes a work in progress.

So whoever else is out there trying to change their diet and routines, drop me a line and tell me how you are doing too. I would love to hear from you! Let's keep supporting each other in the things we know we need to do to heal. <3



3 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this during my homeopathic treatment. So glad its working for you.

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Janelle. Please let me know how you do with it. I hope it helps you like it has helped me. <3

      Delete
  2. KEEP GOING I'VE CHANGED MY FOODS TOO. BRAIN TUMOR 3 YEARS AGO AND old life ..MY FAVORITE FOOD TOYS WARING BLENDER MX1000XTX $250-300 ASSUME SEED GRINDER & ICE DRINKS ARE ASSUME.. 2ND GAGGIA OR SIMAC ICE CREAM,SORBET,SHERBET MACHINE. I'VE BOUGHT BOTH USED THERE $500 EACH NEW BUT THEY HAVE A REFRIGERATION UNIT NO ICE NEEDED. I MAKE GINGER ICE CUBES FOR TEA, HOMEMADE ICE CREAM TONS OF BERRIES FROZEN HOMEMADE YOGURTS (LIVE CULTURES). LOVE YOUR PAGE YOU GIVE YOUR READERS DRIVE THANK YOU !!! PS TRY CINNAMON &CHROMIUM VITAMINS OR ANY BEANS 1/2 CUP A DAY THEY REGULATE BLOOD SUGARS WHICH KEEPS INFLAMMATION DOWN
    ..SUGAR SPIKES ARE PAINFUL .. IT MAKES YOUR BODY SWELL

    ReplyDelete